TRAINING SERVICE PACKAGES
PROPANE TRAINING SERVICE PACKAGES
CUSTOM TRAINING JUST FOR YOU
Every propane company has different safety training requirements. Factors like daily operations, previously completed training, and specific employee qualifications determine the who, what, where, when, and how of your company’s safety compliance. P3 Propane Safety offers Training Service Packages to help marketers manage training requirements as efficiently as possible. Signing up for a Training Service Package will ensure that your employees receive the training they need and that your company is protected from unnecessary risk.REQUEST A CONSULTATION
LONG-TERM VALUE YOU CAN’T BEAT
A custom training program built for you delivers long-lasting benefits for your company, your customers, and your employees.
- Securely stored training documentation and certification
- Reminders for training renewals
- Customized on-site training with certified propane experts
- Unique classroom and hands-on training
- On-call support from your training provider
Complete a Needs Assessment
We will evaluate your current training, determine where requirements still need to completed, and develop a strategy. We will track and store all of your training documentation.
Hands-On Field Training
P3 Propane Safety offers unique hands-on training at your business location. Your employees will learn the skills they need based on your company’s operations.
Benefit from On-Call Support
Have questions about regulations or safety protocol? Your propane safety expert is just a call away.
CUSTOM TRAINING OPTIONS
Along with the DOT, OSHA, CETP, and OQ training that we offer, there are additional training opportunities available…
1/2 Day Tank Evacuation Training
At some point almost all marketers will have to conduct a tank evacuation. Proper training is critical to reduce risk of this potentially dangerous process. NFPA 58 and OSHA require initial training as well as refreshers every 3 years for designated employees that will perform this activity. Training documentation is provided.
2-3 Day Tech/Installer Training
Most technicians and installers respond better to hands-on training. P3 provides a specialized mix of classroom and field training to provides your employees a better learning platform. Training can also be customized based on the P3 Database Error Recognition Technology and Risk Management Review.
Day 1: Classroom Review
- Determining System Load, Effective Load and Sizing of Propane Containers
- DOT Requirements for Transporting Cylinders & Tanks
- Regulator Types, Basic Operation and Placement
- Vapor Distribution Line Sizing Basics
- Basics of Installing DOT Cylinders & Vertical ASME Tanks
- Basics of Installing ASME Horizontal Aboveground Tanks
- Basics of Installing ASME Horizontal Underground Tanks
- System Tests – Pressure Test, Leak Check, Flow and Lockup Tests
- Responding on Leak/Odor Complaint Calls, CO Calls and Out-Of-Gas Calls
- Cathodic Protection
Day 2: Classroom/Field Training
- Properly Documenting a Safety Inspection
Day 3: Field Training
2-3 Day Bobtail Driver Training
Most drivers respond better to hands-on training. P3 provide a specialized mix of classroom and field training to provides your employees a better learning platform. Training can also be customized based on the P3 Database Error Recognition Technology and Risk Management Review.
Day 1: Classroom/Field Training(1/2 day classroom & 1/2 day field)
- Bobtail loading operations
- Bobtail delivery operations
- Pre-delivery inspection
- Out of gas delivery procedures
- Monthly cargo tank and discharge systeminspection
- Hours-of-Service (HOS)
- Garaging of cargo tank vehicles
Day 2-3: Field Training
Driver Evaluation and Installation Risk Management Compliance Review
Propane safety experts provide ride-along driver evaluation and on-site installation reviews to identify priorities for installation and training. Drivers and technicians get feedback during evaluations. Management receives reports that identify areas that need improvement.
Example: ASME container must be set at least 5 feet away from building opening.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING…
NEEDS ASSESSMENT, PLAN DEVELOPMENT, TRACKING, AND REVIEW
“Prior to the start of our training dates P3 identified areas where our technicians were falling short. This allowed the sessions to be tailored specifically for us.”
– Jeff Henderson, Branch Manager, RH Foster
CETP, OSHA, DOT CLASSROOM TRAINING
“We do a lot of in-house training but there are times we have to outsource our CETP training. We reached out to P3 and they offered the best CETP instructor/proctor we have ever had. They clearly proved that not all training opportunities are the same. If you outsource your training, make sure it is through P3.”
– David Latourell, Director of Safety & Transportation, Paraco Gas
HANDS-ON FIELD TRAINING
“P3’s Field Service Plan training goes well beyond the conventional classroom format. Having a safety expert train in the field at customer locations with our team was when the real learning happened!”
– Jeff Jennings, Co-Owner, Jennings Oil & Propane
REMOTE ON-CALL SUPPORT
“I don’t know what we would do without P3’s Training Service Plan! It’s been critical for us to have an expert available that can provide guidance when needed.”
– Randy Dominick, Vice President, Dominick Fuel