5 Fast Facts About DOT Training
- DOT hazmat training is required for any employee who performs tasks subject to HMR, including CSRs, delivery drivers, service technicians, and employees who…
- Load, unload, or handle hazmat
- Test, recondition, repair, modify, mark, or represent packages as qualified
- Prepare hazmat for transportation
- Are responsible for safety of transporting hazmat
- Operate vehicles used to transport hazmat
- Supervise hazmat employees
- New employees are required to complete DOT hazmat training within 90 days of employment.
- New employees cannot work unsupervised until initial training is complete.
- Employees who complete training and testing receive a Certificate of Training. Certificates should be kept in your company records.
- Refresher training is required every three years.
If your employees do not have the proper training and certifications to meet DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations, you are at risk for safety hazards, litigation, and regulatory fines!